Genealogy Research Services
Our library contains a large variety of resources including family histories, local newspapers, graveyard headstone inscriptions, school registers, community histories,… maps, photographs, etc.
Our research room is by appointment only on Wednesday’s from March to July. In July, the research room is open Wednesday to Sunday. Appointments are always recommended.
- Family Genealogies
- Cemetery Records
- Muriel Russell Sivwright
- Mrs. Roy Boyd
- Edythe Nelson
- Family Bibles
- Personal Collections:
- Insurance Maps
- Local Family Names – this list is constantly being added to, so if you have a specific name you’re interested in please let us know!
Histories of the Area
There are many resources right here on our website that you might find useful.
- Our Blog– Articles, anecdotes, and histories
- History of West Hants
- Links & Resources– Other online resources you may find helpful.
- Our Books and Publications– Our catalogue of books and publications available for purchase.
Research fees are one of our main fundraising methods for the upkeep of our building.
Fees to the Research Room are:
- Members – Free
- Non-Members – $7/day
- Members – w/assistance ½ hour fee
- Non-Members – w/assistance $20 / hour
E-mail Research Requests
- $20 / hour (Members receive first 1/2 hour free)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate
- Your Name (Please let us know if you are a member)
- What you are seeking (Please be as specific as possible for a quote)
- Your time frame
- Any other information to help with the search/quote.
- Members – $0.20/sheet
- Non-Members – $0.30/sheet
Booking Research Time.
Book a time on our Calendar for your in Person Research Request at 281 King Street, Windsor, NS.
(Open Wednesday’s Only until July)