Our library contains a large variety of resources including family histories, local newspapers, graveyard headstone inscriptions, school registers, community histories,… maps, photographs, etc.
- Family Genealogies
- Muriel Russell Sivwright
- Mrs. Roy Boyd
- Edythe Nelson
- Cemetery Records
- Personal Collections:
- Local Family Names – this list is constantly being added to, so if you have a specific name you’re interested in please let us know!
Fees and Facilities
Researching your family tree? Curious about some of the characters and sites that make Windsor famous?
Please note that research fees are one of our fundraising methods to keep up with maintenance costs on our building.
There is a charge of $10 per day for non-members (free for members) who come to the Society for a day of research.
Booking Research Time in Our Research Centre
There are two ways to book an appointment:
- By phone: 902 798 4706 between 9am to 5pm.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the information we will need from you:
- your full name
- phone number
- email address if applicable
- date and time requested
- the type of research you wish to conduct*
- general information on the subject matter*
*This information will enable our staff to have pertinent material selected for you.
Please note that when you arrive at the Research Centre on the day of your appointment, you will be required to:
- sign in and out on our register
- sign a simple form stating that you have read and understood our COVID-19 safety protocols and agree to comply with them.
Hired Research Services
For research requests sent to the Society, there is an initial 15-minute FREE search to see if we have any references pertaining to the surname in question.
- $20.00 for the first two hours
- $20.00 per hour afterwards
*Applicable photocopying charges will also be charged.
Anyone interested in any part of our collection, or those who have a specific research question, are encouraged to email our Research volunteers.