What you need to know:
Visiting the Museum
- No more than ten (10) persons will be permitted in the museum main gallery at one time
- Social distance must be practised at all times
- You will not be permitted to touch display cases and other surfaces
- Our Interpreter will not be able to physically guide you through our exhibits but will be on-hand in the reception area to answer questions and provide information
- All adults will be required to be signed in and out and be aware of our safety protocols
Visiting our Research Centre
The West Hants Historical Society Research Centre will be open between 9-5 daily on Tuesdays-Saturdays from 30 June 2020-15 August by appointment only.
- The maximum time allotted per session will be two (2) hours.
- The maximum number of persons permitted in the centre at one time will be five (5)
Our restrooms will be disinfected regularly but patrons should be aware that they use them at their own risk.
Staff and patrons will use only the facilities designated for their use.
Handling of Research Material
As much as possible only staff will handle books, files, and other such material in our Research Centre. If an item is touched by a patron during research, staff will place it in a designated quarantine container where it will remain for the appropriate period until it is safe to be placed back in the library.
Duty of Care
For the safety of our patrons and staff, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing symptoms that could indicate Coronavirus and to anyone not in compliance with our hygiene and social-distance safety protocols.