Tentative Start Date: May 23, 2023*
Number of Weeks 14* Number of Positions 1
Hourly Wage $14.50 Hours Per Week 35
Days: Wed – Sun Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Start date and duration will be determined by the available funding.
Position Description / Qualifications:
The successful applicant will be working on a project that will digitize the history of the local homes and businesses. This will allow researchers around the world to access the local history of West Hants which will in turn promote our area.
Research methods will include working with historic mapping, business directories, deeds and property records.
Activity, Percentage of Time
Data Collection and Management 20%
Ideal candidates for this Position Include:
- a knowledge of local history
- ability to work with databases
- strong research and organizational skills
- good communication skills
- an ability to work with graphic design software would be an asset
- Enrolment in History programs or Information studies will be considered an asset.
How to apply:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due Date: April 28, 2023
YCW: As this position is sponsored by the “Student Summer Skills Incentive”, candidates must be registered in or accepted to a full-time post secondary program in the fall of 2023.