1ST Job Posting!!
Job Title: Museum Interpreter and Curator Assistant (Code CSJ)
Location: Windsor, NS
Wage: $11.15 per hour at 35 hours per week (Tuesday-Saturday)
Start Date: May 29, 2018 End Date: September 1, 2018
Deadline to apply is May 2, 2018. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to West Hants Historical Society at 281 King Street, PO BOX 2335 Windsor NS B0N 2T0 or visit in person on Wednesdays from 10 am to 3 pm. For more information please email the above address or call 902-798-4706.
1. Greet visitors and maintain visitor statistics;
2. Deliver guided tours of the West Hants Historical Society Museum Gallery to individuals and tour groups;
3. Gather visitor feedback and comments;
4. Help manage the West Hants Historical Society Facebook page;
5. Assist in designing new displays for the Museum Gallery;
6. Update the labels used throughout the Museum Galley;
7. Explore new methods of promoting the Museum within the community;
8. Write brief articles (1-2 paragraphs in length) to be used on the West Hants Historical Society Blog or newsletter; and
9. To assist with other duties pertaining to the daily running of the Society. This includes: noon hour relief of other student assistances; answering phones and email inquires; basic cleaning; and helping with Society events and fundraisers
The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is between the ages 15 and 30 years of age, does not have another job which is over 30 hours per week, and must be a full time academic student in the semester preceding this job and intend to return to school full time in the academic semester following the job’s completion.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, outgoing individual with an interest in local history, possesses exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, and have a professional and positive work attitude. Strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work independently are essential. Must be fluent in English and basic to immediate French (written and verbal) is an asset. The candidate must enjoy working with members of the public, especially seniors and children. Knowledge of the history of Hants County is an asset.
The West Hants Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer and as such persons with disabilities, visual minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples, and persons of all genders are encouraged to apply.
The West Hants Historical Society is a community based museum and genealogy room that displays the cultural history of one of Nova Scotia's oldest communities. The Society seeks to preserve, present, and promote the rich history of Hants County in relation to the larger history of the Province of Nova Scotia and the nation of Canada. The West Hants Historical Society has well over 1000 artifacts and approximately 1,500 photographs in the collection. Please visit our Facebook page and website for more information about our organization. www.westhantshistoricalsociety.ca
Please Note the position is pending approval of the Canada Summer Grant program.